Monday 25 November 2013

BEFORE YOU COMMIT A SIN..

In the name Of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Salaam..
Below is a story I read about and thought it right and a must to share. Makes you ponder about the sins you've committed and the ones you intend to commit.

A man came to Ibrahim Ibn Adham (RA) and told him, O Abu Ishaq I need your help, I cannot stop disobeying Allah! Every time I make up my mind, I say I am not going to do it, I tell myself be straight and consistent, Fix yourself and then I slip, so advice me. Ibn Adham told him “if you are able to disobey Allah then at least do not do it on His Earth”, the man said where can I go when Allah owns all things? He told him “Amaa Tastahay”- aren't you ashamed?”
'Qala Zidni'- he said give me more..

Ibn Adham said “if you are still able to disobey Him after that fact, then at least do not do it while eating from His Provisions”. He said; and how can that be? When there is not a bird that flies with wings or any animal that roams the earth or any individual except that Allah is 'Ar-Razaq'; The Provider for that creature. He said “aren't you embarrassed? Living on His Earth, eating from His provisions, and you are still able to disobey Him?” He said Give me more..

Ibn Adham said “if you are still able to disobey Him after that, then at least do it where He cannot see you”. He said how can that be? When there is nothing in the Heavens and the Earth that Allah does not see? He told him “Amaa Tastahay”- aren’t you ashamed? Living on His Earth, eating from what He provides, can not hide from Him for the blink of an eye and you are still able to disobey Him?” He said give me more..

Ibn Adham said to him “if you are still able to disobey Allah, then when the angel of death comes to take your soul, say I will not go”. He said how can that be when they only take permission from the prophets, and the Prophethood has been sealed centuries ago! He told him “Amaa Tastahay?”- aren't you embarrassed? Living on His Earth, eating from His 'Rizq' (provisions), cannot hide from Him for an instant, cannot delay death for a moment and you are still able to disobey Him? He said give me more..

Ibn Adham told him “and if you are still able to disobey Him after all that, then when the Angels of the Hell-fire(Jahannam) come to drag you there, fight them off and take yourself to Jannah (Paradise)”. He said how can that be when Allah calls them 'Ghilaadun Shidaad' (fierce, powerful). He said “Amaa Tastahay”?- are you not ashamed? Living on His Earth, Eating from His Provisions, cannot hide from Him for a second, cannot delay death for a moment, and you are no match for the Angels of the Hell-fire, you are still able to disobey Him! So how can you hope to be saved?”
The man said “Qalas-Taghfirullah Wa Atoobu Ilaih”- I seek Forgiveness in Allah and I declare my repentance to Him!

Such an amazing story..
May Allah (SWT) grant us the ability to Repent with utmost Sincerity and Humility to Him, and may He guide us all to the right path, Ameen. May He Shower us with His Mercies and Blessings and May He open the doors of Forgiveness to us. Ameen Ya Arhamar-Raahimeen.

3 comments:

  1. Jazakallahu Khairan.. Indeed from Allah we come, so to him we return.. May Allah The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful, forgive us our transgressions.. Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete